Good morning all ❤ … What’s for breakfast?
My usual mornings typically begin with a Big Bowl of Oatmeal.
Oats are nutritious and packed with complex carbohydrates to keep me going. At times I have my oats plain, sometimes with peanut butter, and sometimes I add cocoa for delicious chocolaty oatmeal.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I would never miss it. If I do miss my breakfast for some reason, (warning) you wouldn’t want to speak to me… I’d be extremely grouchy 😡
The old saying goes… “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”
Here are some reasons why you should start having a good breakfast every single day:
- Metabolism – you have been sleeping and your body hasn’t had food for several hours. By eating a good breakfast in the morning you will kick-start your metabolism, allowing your body to effectively burn calories during the day.
- You will be more productive – by supplying your body with nutrients in the morning, your brain will be fuelled and your body full of energy to take on the day.
- Happiness – people who have breakfast in the morning are happier than those who skip it. #ask me about it 😉
- A healthy breakfast allows for stable blood sugar levels and hormones.
- Weight loss and fitness goals – eating a good breakfast in the morning will keep your tummy full and you will be less likely to snack on junk food throughout the day.
- Healthy! – A healthy breakfast boosts your immune system so you’re less susceptible to illness.
Back to the question…
What’s for breakfast today?
WAFFLES!! Everybody loves WAFFLES!
Today I shall have waffles! 😀
Yes, I do follow a generally healthy diet, and it includes waffles!
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PENGUIN WAFFLES WITH FROSTING! XD
- ½ cup of rolled oats (dry)
- ½ banana
- 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites
- ½-1 tablespoon raw organic cocoa powder (depending on how rich you like it)
- 1 tbsp fat free plain or vanilla flavoured yoghurt. (I used vanilla)
- dash of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of organic honey or other sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- handful of hazelnuts or other nuts (optional)
Combine all the ingredients (except the nuts) into a blender.
Blend together until a creamy batter is formed.
Add the nuts and blend in short pulses (unless you don’t want a little crunch, then blend completely)
(careful not to eat up all the batter before cooking 😛 )
Pour the mixture into a waffle maker…
Boom! Penguin Waffles!!
- 100ml tub of fat free vanilla yoghurt (or plain yoghurt)
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
- Sweetener of your choice
Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine to form a creamy chocolaty frosting…
Pour the frosting over warm chocolate waffles…
*the batter can be poured into a frying pan with a little olive oil and cooked to make chocolate pancakes.
… i still had my morning oats… in the form of Amazing Waffles! 🙂