…As a fitness junkie, I practically spend my life in track pants and tank tops, nevertheless… I still like style.
Lately, I’ve gotten bored of my usual training wear and needed something different.
(No, I’m not planning on going shopping)
Just last week I had cleaned out my closets (mission impossible) and found many over-sized t-shirts.
I was too sentimental to throw anything away, so i decided to play fashion designer!
I made my very own gym tank top :D..
Here is how I went about creating it:
You will need:
– an over-sized t-shirt (preferably an old tee)
– a pair of scissors
- Snip off the collar (you will be cutting out more later to get your desired style)
*do not throw away the off cuts as you will be using them later.
- Cut off the sleeves. To ensure that the cut is symmetrical, what I have done is – cut off one sleeve and place it onto the other sleeve for measurement on how much to cut off.
- Cut off the bottom of the t-shirt.
(note: you don’t necessarily have to cut the bottom straight. You may even cut diagonally for a high-low style)
- Turn the t-shirt over so that the back of the t-shirt is facing up and cut a large ‘V’ or ‘U’ along the neck area.
- Fit the t-shirt on.
- Keep trimming the sleeves and neck line until you achieve your desired style.
- Once you are satisfied with the style, cut the ‘off cuts’/left over material into strips.
- Wrap the shoulder straps together and tie a knot or bow.
tip: you can use any material or ribbon to tie the back of the tank top.
..Im heading to the gym in my Super Cool Gym Tank Top!
Buh Bye for now 😀